Call Now: 972.965.6827
Stop-on-a-Dime Mobile Brake Service
5 Ways to Extend the Life of Your Brakes
Jun 9, 2020 Comments Off on 5 Ways to Extend the Life of Your Brakes Brake Blog 12,999 Total Views
A functioning set of brakes is the most important safety feature in any vehicle regardless of its make or model. This should come as a surprise to no one. However, you might be surprised at how many people drive around with brakes that are not in peak condition. Before you find yourself in our Luxury vehicle brake repair in Dallas, TX you should take steps to protect your brakes and prolong their life. Here are some proactive measures you can take to extend the life of your brakes:
- Allow plenty of stopping distance: Few things are harder on brakes than sudden stops. Hard stops put a great deal of strain on the brake pads and wear away the rubber and metal. If you are able to avoid sudden braking then you should apply the minimum amount of pressure needed to come to a full stop.
- Slow down: Speed causes wear on brake pads exponentially. For example, braking at 65mph causes your brakes to dissipate 33% more energy than breaking at 50mph.
- Lighten your load: The heavier your vehicle is the more braking power it will take to bring it to a complete stop. Therefore, always be conscious of how much weight you are adding to your vehicle.
- Have your brakes inspected regularly: Worn rotors can lead to serious and expensive damage. Ask your mechanic to inspect your brakes whenever you are in for a wheel alignment or a tire rotation or balance. If your brakes are starting to look thin, or have been squealing or making other noises, you may need a brake repair or replacement immediately.
- Buy quality: Saving money should not be the goal when buying brakes and pads. You should always go for quality hardware when it comes to your brakes. Quality brakes may cost a bit more but you cannot put a price on safety.
Smart driving helps keep you safe on the road. Not only that, but it can increase the lifespan of your brakes and pads, saving you a lot of money. If you start to notice some of the telltale signs that your brakes are wearing down, make sure you have a professional check them out and service them if necessary as soon as possible. Our certified mechanics will keep your brakes in peak condition or replace them with high quality parts that we will fully stand behind.
1,000 total views, 2 views today