Call Now: 972.965.6827
Stop-on-a-Dime Mobile Brake Service
6 Tips for Choosing the Right Car Repair Shop
Sep 11, 2020 Comments Off on 6 Tips for Choosing the Right Car Repair Shop Brake Blog 20,713 Total Views
Take care of your car and your car will take care of you. Truer words were never written. However, it’s not always easy to tell which auto repair businesses have the knowledge and experience you need or a reputation you can trust. To help you save your time and money, we have put together six tips for choosing the right auto repair service for your vehicle. Take your time to read through, and you should end up finding someone you can trust.
- Check for certifications: Both The Federal Trade Commission and the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence recommend that you note the certification on the outside window of any shop you visit. These certifications will let you know about whether the employees are trained and knowledgeable about car repair.
- Use the Internet: The Internet has made it easy for consumers to instantly check on any business. Check the Internet when searching for a brake repair place to find out how other consumers feel about their experiences with the company.
- Ensure the shop guarantees their services: Never choose a shop that does not stand behind the car repair or maintenance services they provide. Also, ask about the warranty options the shop provides. If the technicians you speak to are spotty about this then drive on.
- Get reviews: Reliable companies are glad to have their customer reviews published on their website. Go over the website of the shop you are considering to see what customers have to say about the shop.
- Ask questions: A good shop will encourage you to ask questions. Ask them what type of repairs they specialize in, what their qualifications are how much certain procedures costs, etc.
- Decide between a dealer and a local shop: The difference between an auto repair dealer and a local shop can be like night and day. Depending on your problem, you may have to choose one or the other. Brand specific dealers charge more because they deal only in a particular brand. On the other hand, if you need some heavy duty work, a local shop is the best option. Additionally, local shops usually charge less for labor.
The bottom line is that not all repair shops are created equal. For the best service and the highest quality work, take some time to research the options near you. This way the next time you are having a serious car problem, you will not be left out in the cold. Our shop specializes in luxury vehicle brake repair.
3,167 total views, 1 views today